Thursday, October 1, 2015

Virginia's View Challenge #19

Happy October!
I am super excited to bring you another month of new inspiration. This theme is going to be so popular because you all do it, you all love it....you all crave for it (no, it's not coffee..or sex...)!
you all COLOR it!
We live, breathe and SEE colors every day and we thrive on colors! 
 In the last few months, adult coloring books have exploded in popularity across North America. Currently, four of the top 20 bestselling books on Amazon are coloring books, some having sold more than a million copies!

Here is the list of the coloring books/supplies that are available over Simon Says Stamp. 
This article is a great guide to the most popular adult coloring books.

This August, my family and I visited London (UK) and Norway and I couldn't help but notice the presence of an abundant choice of coloring books. I snapped these photos myself! Notice the Norwegian coloring books (top left)? And even the Norwegian toilet paper come in colors! In London, coloring books have great presence at the Tate Modern Museum and Selfridges!
As card-makers/stampers, we can stamp our own images to color...now how awesome is that? 

Here is my take on this challenge.
we appreciate you
I inked up the Altenew Wild Hibiscus in Khaki and applied Zig markers with water. I stamped the sentiment in Brilliance Gold. I then finished the card with the gold twines and sequins. Done!  

Challenge yourself: get your Copics, color pencils, Zig markers, Spectrum Noir, Galatos, watercolor markers, Chameleon pens, crayons (any coloring medium)...out and start coloring! Any card that has any of your coloring qualifies for the entry. Enter as many as you want! And yes, it is perfect to combine other challenges that you want to play (as long as it's no more than four!).




We have stellar (and I mean, STELLAR) guest designers to inspire you in the next few days. You will not want to miss that!

This monthly card-making challenge blog will run till the 18th (11:55pm Eastern Time) and there will be a SPOTLIGHT feature of Top 10 Favorites on the 25th. Any style and all levels are most welcome! You can read more about the challenge guidelines at the bottom of the page. Among the Top 10 Fav, there will be a random draw for a lucky (and talented) winner who will then receive the top prize. In order to qualify for the top prize, your project has to be NEW (not linked back to a previously made project). You are welcome to combine other challenges, but please limit your total number of challenges to no more than 4.
 
Our Sponsor: Simon Says Stamp


Our Top Winner (randomly selected from Top 10 Favorites) will receive a $25 voucher!
  AWESOME, eh?!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/StoreFront
I can't wait to see what you come up with! Thanks for stopping by!

24 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Wow what a gorgeous inspiration card Virginia!! I sure hope to play along!

Purvi Gadewar said...

What a wonderful theme...and what a gorgeous card for inspiration!!!

Nicole Diedrichs said...

This is a wonderful challenge topic! Looking forward to seeing all the lovely entries!
Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

Manuela said...

great challenge, beautiful sample and shots!

vinita jain said...

Pretty creation as an inspiration, love the colors and a popular theme!

Diane Jaquay said...

Your card is so pretty, Virginia! I've seen you use this stamp set several times on cards and you're really making me want to buy it!!

KimberlyRae said...

Stellar Card.... I love it all!! PS Question: do we need a Separate blog post for Each entry?

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Virginia, thank for another wonderful challenge and THANK YOU so much for the fabulous card you sent me. What a surprise!!! You are so sweet! I am doing better now, but I still have significant vision problems in my eye - I will know in about 5 month what exactly the lasting deficits will be. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope for the best. At least I am not blind and can continue to work and admire all your wonderful work in blog land! Big hugs and again vielen herzlichen Dank, Cornelia

Barb Ghig said...

You have definitely inspired me with your GORGEOUS card, Virginia! I love the vibrant colors of your flowers and your gold accents are just beautiful! Count me in!

Shannon McComb said...

Your card is stunning!!! Love the gorgeous colors!! Cant wait to play along!:)

Virginia Lu said...

Thank you, everyone ,for your kind comments!!
To answer Kimberley's question: You do no need to have a post for each card. If you have multiples, you can do it in one post. However, I would suggest that you mention it with your link name( ex: 3 cards from KimB). Hope this help! Can’t wait to see your entries!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card Virginia, I love the gold touches! I agree...coloring books are for grownups now too~I've seen the late night commercials. ;) Fantastic new challenge~sounds like fun!

Cris G said...

Wonderful watercoloring, Virginia. The golden accents and repeated sentiment take your beautiful card to another level... so elegant.
As for the coloring books for adults, I also adhered to the trend. Took one on vacation and had a lot of fun using just color pencils as coloring medium, instead of the whole paraphernalia like inks, watercolors, pens and so on :).

Shelly said...

Gorgeous card!! And another awesome challenge! Love it!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Thank you for another fun challenge, V, and for all your wonderful coloring inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

Maaike Uijthoven said...

adult coloring books have been a big hit here in the netherlands for more than a year now, and you can buy them absolutely everywhere! I bough one because I had to spend all day in hospital this week waiting for my bf, so I thought i'd spend my time wisely. I also bought new pencils, and these were classed as top notch and soft tipped etc, but they really weren't and with my arhtritis i couldn't color much as the time, i think i prefer alcohol markers or watercoloring, not sure the book will take these mediums, might try it for the challenge ;-)

Dotty Jo x said...

Such a beautiful card, Virginia! I'm delighted that I've managed to create a card in time to play along, Jo x

Julia Aston said...

what beautiful coloring on your pretty blooms Virginia!

Pam Sparks said...

love your beautiful card Virginia! Thanks for the great challenge again!

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia! I love the beautiful colors with the gold! I really enjoyed the coloring book photos and toilet paper!! Thanks for this fun challenge, I am so happy to play along!

Anita in France said...

Such a fabulous riot of gorgeous colour, Virginia ... those blooms are just beautiful! Thanks for another fantastic challenge! Anita :)

Gaylynn said...

Playing along with a colorful Christmas mittens card. Beautiful creations here. :)

Grá O'Neill said...

Fabulous colourful Challenge :)

Debstamps said...

Thanks for a fun challenge Virginia! It was a great chance to try out my new SSS stamps and make something inspired by our trip out West which was colored by the quaking aspens. Happy fall friend!